ARE YOU UP FOR A CHALLENGE?
With the Quilt Show only a few months away it is time for all of you to take the Northcott Challenge
Northcott Fabrics has generously donated 3 bolts of fabric from their Stonehenge Gradations collection. These fabrics will be available to Challenge Participants at the September 2018 meeting. More details will follow but here are some highlights:
- Create a wall hanging or quilt of any shape. The quilt must be three layers and be quilted .
- The minimum circumference must be no less than 96 inches (24×24) and the maximum circumference no more than 144 inches (36 x 36).
- The front of the quilt must use at least 40% of the 3 fabrics provided not including borders and binding.
- You may use up to 3 additional Stonehenge fabrics which will be available from one of our local quilt shops (more on this later).
- There are no limitations on techniques you may use such as thread painting, appliqué, embroidery, etc.
- There is no theme. Use a pattern or create your own design.
- $5 is required to purchase your fat quarter bundle of the three fabrics. The $5 will be returned if you hand in a completed challenge quilt.